Whatever your networking needs, Virtual Interconnect has your back. Whether it's a small office or a data center, we can provide hardware and software solutions to get your machines talking and keep them talking at the highest speeds possible.
We specialize in high-reliability redundant configurations of networking gear and cabling, allowing you to replace, rearrange, or reorganize equipment live and without downtime.
- Multiple internet connections to keep you up during outages.
- Failover to cell phone networks.
- Networking bonding, trunking, and link aggregation to increase network speeds.
- Redundant routers and firewalls mean you can take half of a router down for maintenance at a time. The other half will automatically kick in and take over, even continuing active connections transparently.
In a business environment, proper security is paramount to the safety of your company's data and continued operation. As we've all seen many times in the last few years, the implications of lax security on your customers' perception of you and their choice of where to do business means you no longer have the luxury of not taking an active role in protecting your company.
- Inexpensive dedicated firewall devices give you peace of mind by preventing the traffic you don't want from coming into your network.
- Egress firewalling to reduce the potential security impact of malware.
- Delineated security zones for different sections of your network to prevent a security breach in one area of the company from impacting other areas.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows your employees to securely access your company network (or portions thereof) from branch offices, business trips, or even from home without having to worry about company information crossing the internet unprotected.
As time marches on and people realize how much they change their networking, it's become far more apparent how important flexibility is to future-proofing your networking setup with the least possible ongoing cost. That said, software-defined networking (SDN) keeps your setup far more changeable without new hardware purchases.
- Dynamic Linux-based routing and switching to move your packets around however you want without having to move network cables or even be on site.
- Set up software firewalls between individual machines on your network and change who's allowed to access what at will.
- Automatic monitoring and reconfiguring based on link state data and traffic passability means many network problems can be automatically healed, routed around, and reported to you.
Speed and Coverage
Have an area where you have trouble getting your network to reach? We frequently work with clients such as construction crews to give their employees expedient and convenient access to company information no matter where they work from.
- Branch offices or field offices, we can arrange for temporary or permanent network between sites to allow for communications with the home office to run smoothly and keep work moving forward.
- Wireless point-to-point links allow you to beam your network up to 7.45 miles line-of-sight at speeds unheard of in years past.
- Fiber optic connectivity can be set up between sites near or far for excellent speed and reliability. Often times with the expertise we have and our relationships with suppliers, we can procure fiber connections for a fraction of the cost of equivalent connectivity over copper.
Ongoing maintenance of a computer network without documentation can be a time-consuming nightmare. Documentation of your network is one of the keys to its long-term reliability and is often a forgotten step in the networking process.
- Large format printed layer 1 network maps show you in a nice easy-to-trace format where your cables are routed.
- Unique serial number labels on your cables help you ensure that one end you're looking at matches where you think the other is.
- Electronic documentation allows for searching of a cable by its number or where it's connected on either end so you can trace it.
- Periodic cable audits allow for checking to make sure your documentation matches the physical network to speed up troubleshooting when something breaks.
- Cable organization and bundling keep like cables together, making them easier to trace and keeping them out of sight as much as possible and out of cooling zones.
These are just a few of the many options we have available. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.